Balancing Chemical Equations Digital Lab Activity
Chemical reactions involve the changing of reactants into products. In every reaction the number of reactants and the number of products will always be equal. This is known as the ‘Law of Conservation of Mass”. This law is shown in a chemical reaction by balancing the reactants and products to ensure that what enters the reaction is accounted for in the final product. This Balancing Chemical Equations Digital Lab Activity allows you to practice balancing chemical equations.
- Follow the links to complete each of the following tutorials.
- Have your teacher initial each one after you’ve completed them.
Balancing Chemical Equations Digital Lab Procedure:
Activity 1: Classic ChemBalancer
Teacher initial: ___________
Activity 2: Balancing Act
- _______ - Beginner (15 problems)
- _______ - Intermediate (10 problems)
- _______ - Advanced (5 problems)
The Balancing Chemical Equations Digital Lab Activity:
Students record their predictions and results of the lab activity. Once the activity is finished, discuss the lab activity and answer post-lab questions.
We also provided some of the Resources below for you to use in class. iTeachly Members can access all the content for the activity and the following lesson.
Students must come up with a unanimous answer for each question. Discussing the answers usually, results in some excellent dialogue on this topic.
Here is your Free Content for the Balancing Chemical Equations Part of the Lesson!
Balancing Chemical Equations PDFs
Below you will find a Balancing Chemical Equations Worksheet PDF, Bell Work Assignment, Exit Quiz, Balancing Chemical Equations Guided Notes, and a PowerPoint Presentation.
- 3-7 Assignment SE - Chemical Equations (FREE)
- 3-7 Assignment TE - Chemical Equations ( Members Only )
- 3-7 Bell Work SE - Chemical Equations (FREE)
- 3-7 Bell Work TE - Chemical Equations ( Members Only )
- 3-7 Exit Quiz SE - Chemical Equations (FREE)
- 3-7 Exit Quiz TE - Chemical Equations ( Members Only )
- 3-7 Guided Notes SE - Chemical Equations (FREE)
- 3-7 Guided Notes TE - Chemical Equations ( Members Only )
- 3-7 Online Activities - Chemical Equations ( Members Only )
- 3-7 Lesson Plan - Chemical Equations ( Members Only )
- 3-7 Slide Show - Chemical Equations (FREE)
Modifiable Balancing Chemical Equations Worksheets - Word Docs & PowerPoints
To gain access to our editable content Join the iTeachly Physical Science Teacher Community!
Here you will find hundreds of lessons, a community of teachers for support, and materials that are always up to date with the latest standards.
Want Access to Everything in the Chemical Reactions Unit?
Unit 3 – Chemical Reactions
- 3-1 Atoms and Molecules
- 3-2 Models of the Atom
- 3-3 Elements and the Periodic Table
- 3-4 Compounds
- 3-5 Chemistry of Gases
- 3-6 Chemical and Physical Change
- 3-7 Chemical Equations
- 3-8 Properties of Acids and Bases
- 3-9 Indicators
- 3-10 The pH Scale
- 3-11 Reactions of Acids and Bases
- 3-12 Neutralization